HAAD exam is very important to ensure that nurses licensed in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi are clinically competent and safe to practice in independent settings. To pass the HAAD exam for nurses, these are the HAAD review tips and study materials suggested by Health Authority – Abu Dhabi.
HAAD Exam review tips:
Review the HAAD Website www.haad.ae : Reference the related HAAD Scope of Practice: i.e. for Registered Nurse, Practical Nurse and School Nurse (reviewing related Domains of Nursing) Nursing Policies along with
Personal preparations (to include):
• Review the Systems in the Human Body
• Do an overall review of the types of diseases affect the systems and their impact on other systems, then
• Consider the Nursing Responsibility as it relates to Patient care
• What is the Nursing Care : assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care
• Consider how nursing practice is developed i.e. policies, practices, guidelines
• Consider the Nurses role as a member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team on the ward
• Consider the Nurses role with regard to Quality and infection control practices in disease prevention
• Consider the Nurses role in Professional Development and Career Pathways
• Consider the Nurses role in Scientific Evidence Based, Research Practice and Education and its impact on Patient/Client care
HAAD exam study books and references:
The Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice (9th Edition)
Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Nursing Practice, 12th ed.
• Ignatavicius & Workman Medical-Surgical Nursing Critical Thinking For Collaborative Care 5th Edition Saunders http://evolve.elsevier.com
• Ignatavicius & Workman Medical-Surgical Nursing Critical Thinking For Collaborative Care 6th Edition Saunders Vol 1, Vol 2 ISBN
• Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 6th ed.,
• Fundamentals of Nursing: Standards & Practice, 3rd ed.
• Fundamentals of Nursing: Standards & Practice, 4rd ed.
• Myles Textbook for Midwives 5th Edition
• British National Formulary BNF.org
• Nurses’ Quick Reference to Common Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests, 4th and 5th ed.
• Pharmacotherapy Handbook 7TH Edition
• The John Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2nd Edition (2002)
• Pediatrics ‘A Primary Care Approach’ Saunders (2000) ISBN 0-7216-8183-2
• Nurses Quick Reference to ‘Common Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests 4thEd.
• Mosby’s Physical Examination Handbook Volume 1
These HAAD exam review tips and study materials are from HAAD website.