Department of Health (DOH) will once again hire registered nurses under the Nurse Deployment Project (NDP) for calendar year 2018. We will update you what’s the latest on the this program including the application process, requirements, qualifying exam and interview through this post.
NDP is part of Human Resource for Health Deployment Programs (HRHDP) of DOH where health professionals are hired and deployed to rural health units, birthing centers, and barangay health stations. DOH is also proposing to open polyclinics next year. A total of P9.7 billion is intended for implementation of HRHDP 2018, a 24.4% budget increase compared to this year.
Under the program, 25,000 health workers are to be deployed and the bulk of it will be nurses. DOH intends to hire 20,527 nurses under the NDP 2018, and nurses will also be used to fill in family health associate (FHA) and universal healthcare implementer (UHCI) positions.
Some 446 doctors, 3,108 midwives, and 324 dentists will also be hired, among other health workers.
DOH announces that recruitment and selection of qualified applicants will be from October to December 2017, and the process includes qualifying exam given by respective DOH regional offices. Those who will be accepted will be deployed from January 2 to December 31, 2018.
Application Form with 1×1 photo attached (Download Form HERE)
Application Letter addressed to the Regional Director, DOH Regional Office___
Authenticated copy of Diploma/Transcript of Records (for new entrants/applicants)
Copy of Certificate of Training/Seminars attended
Copy of Eligibility (Sub-professional/Professional/Board Rating)
NDP 2018 Updates by Region
Aside from the overall guidelines issued by DOH Central Office, Regional Offices (who will handle the recruitment and selection of health workers in their areas) also issues details on procedures, qualifying exam, interview, etc.
We will follow any announced updates here, just like what we’ve been doing in the previous years.
- Region 1 – Submission of application thru Provincial DOH offices until October 30.
- Region 2 –
- Region 3 – Application period from November 2 to November 30.
- Region 4A – Submission of application/pooling now ongoing, deadline November 10. Exam and interview on October 24, 2017 CANCELLED.
- Region 4B –
- Region 5 – Provincial DOH office in CamSur posted that application deadline on November 3.
- Region 6 – Online Application from Oct 16 to 30, 2017. | Qualifying exam schedule
- Region 7 – Online Application until October 30.
- Region 8 –
- Region 9 – Submission of Application is now open thru regional offices.
- Region 10 – Application period October 16 to December 8, 2017. Exam on December 18.
- Region 11 – Application ongoing until November 15, 21017.
- Region 12 –
- Region 13 CARAGA – Application now open, deadline on November 20. Qualifying exam on November 16-29, 2017.
- NCR – Application is ongoing until November 15, 2017
- CAR – Application period from October 27-November 20. Exam on December 9-10.
- ARMM –
For Regional Offices which don’t have announced update yet, you may follow the guidelines issued by DOH central office and bring application form and requirements to your respective regional offices.
We will also post updates about the salary of each deployment programs once available, but former health secretary Paulyn Ubial hinted that it will be higher since the 3rd tranche of Salary Standardization Law will be implemented in 2018.
Nurses will get around P29,000 and doctors will earn around P70,000 next year, she added.
In deploying the HRH, the DOH shall give priority to the barangays without health workers, Geographically Isolated and Disadvantaged Areas (GIDAS), Indigenous Peoples (IP) communities, and areas where the absolute number of poor and the incidence of poverty are high.
Please keep on visiting this post for NDP 2018 updates, and share it to your friends who might be interested in DOH Deployment Programs. Contact your respective regional offices for official updates per region.