This post will discuss the steps on how to endorse or transfer your NCLEX test result from California to Texas board of nursing for licensure.
As you might have known, California Board of Registered Nursing does not issue license to international nurses who passed the NCLEX but don’t have US Social Security Number (SSN). To be licensed, nurses could opt to endorse it to other states that accept the NCLEX result, like Texas.
To do that, you just need to follow the Texas endorsement application instructions as stated in their website. Here are the steps if you are in the Philippines:
California NCLEX result endorsement to Texas BON
1. Request and process FBI Fingerprint Card. This is the first thing you should do because it takes a while for them to send the FBI card. You can request online at www.bon.state.tx.us/olv/web-requests.asp. Bring it to NBI or local police station for filling up and fingerprinting assistance. Note: In the field ‘Reason Fingerprinted’ put: “Gov’t Code 411.125/411.087 Texas Board of Nursing”.
2. Download and print Texas endorsement application here. Print and fill up completely pages 1 and 2.
3. Mail the filled up Texas application, payment of $200 dollars in US money order or bank draft payable to Texas Board of Nursing, and the completed fingerprint card to the following address:
Texas Board of Nursing,
333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-460,
Austin, Texas 7870
4. Print 2 copies of the page 8 of the application, Verification of Licensure (VOL). Fill up the upper part and then bring 1 copy to PRC for completion. PRC will then send it to Texas.
5. Send another copy of VoL to California for verification of your NCLEX result. Attach a payment in bank draft for $60 dollars payable to BRN. Mail it to:
California Board of Registered Nursing
Attn: Renewals Unit
P.O. Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100
California BRN will mail the completed VoL to Texas in 6 weeks time.
6. Take the Nursing Jurisprudence Exam online. Fifteen business days after you submit the endorsement application and fee to the Texas Board of Nursing, you will be eligible to take the online nursing jurisprudence exam at www.bon.texas.gov/olv/je.html. The examination is based on the Texas Nursing Practice Act (NPA) and the Texas Board of Nursing Rules and Regulations.
7. If you have submitted all the requirements and done with all the steps, Texas will issue your license in 15 days. To check the status of your application visit http://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/applstatus.html.
That’s how to endorse your California NCLEX result to Texas for licensure. The steps I outlined above are based on personal experience, and correspondence from Texas BON. If you have further questions please drop a comment below.