HAAD exam is very important to ensure that nurses licensed in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi are clinically competent and safe to practice in independent settings. To pass the HAAD exam for nurses, these are the HAAD review tips and study materials suggested by Health Authority – Abu Dhabi.
HAAD Exam review tips:
Review the HAAD Website www.haad.ae : Reference the related HAAD Scope of Practice: i.e. for Registered Nurse, Practical Nurse and School Nurse (reviewing related Domains of Nursing) Nursing Policies along with
Personal preparations (to include):
• Review the Systems in the Human Body
• Do an overall review of the types of diseases affect the systems and their impact on other systems, then
• Consider the Nursing Responsibility as it relates to Patient care
• What is the Nursing Care : assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care
• Consider how nursing practice is developed i.e. policies, practices, guidelines
• Consider the Nurses role as a member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team on the ward
• Consider the Nurses role with regard to Quality and infection control practices in disease prevention
• Consider the Nurses role in Professional Development and Career Pathways
• Consider the Nurses role in Scientific Evidence Based, Research Practice and Education and its impact on Patient/Client care
HAAD exam study books and references:
The Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice (9th Edition)
Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Nursing Practice, 12th ed.
• Ignatavicius & Workman Medical-Surgical Nursing Critical Thinking For Collaborative Care 5th Edition Saunders http://evolve.elsevier.com
• Ignatavicius & Workman Medical-Surgical Nursing Critical Thinking For Collaborative Care 6th Edition Saunders Vol 1, Vol 2 ISBN
• Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 6th ed.,
• Fundamentals of Nursing: Standards & Practice, 3rd ed.
• Fundamentals of Nursing: Standards & Practice, 4rd ed.
• Myles Textbook for Midwives 5th Edition
• British National Formulary BNF.org
• Nurses’ Quick Reference to Common Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests, 4th and 5th ed.
• Pharmacotherapy Handbook 7TH Edition
• The John Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2nd Edition (2002)
• Pediatrics ‘A Primary Care Approach’ Saunders (2000) ISBN 0-7216-8183-2
• Nurses Quick Reference to ‘Common Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests 4thEd.
• Mosby’s Physical Examination Handbook Volume 1
These HAAD exam review tips and study materials are from HAAD website.
19 thoughts on “HAAD exam study materials”
HAAD Coaching for nurses is available at Mussaffa,Abudhabi,For details,0504152916.
I completed bsc nursing. Want to do haad.
Please I am writing in 2weeks time, I need materials and coaching
my name is syed yameenuddin i am complited GNM now working in saudia ariba in jubail city i want to go for haad exam will u gide me for the processof this exam i am an indian and having almost three years of working exprience .and looking for bright futer and need the proper gidence of you
even me.. im so horrible in taking the HAAD for past year. i almost end up my money for nothing. this is my third time to take the exam but still i fail :(… even i know i did my best and reviewed well… im so frustrated. Especially that other people down me instead they comfort me every time i failed. HOW I REALLY WISH I CAN MAKE IT NOW FOR THE 3RD TIME FOR LAST TIME. pls i need help. i need someone who will couch me in studying i beg you guys. here is my personal email cdamasco08@ gmail .co m
To those who want to pass, add me in my fb account. I will help you pass Haad exam
whats ur account?
Hi help me to pass haad rn exam
best teext id lippincott
Kailangan po ba RN?
Hi tanong ko lng kung pde ako mag take ng exam, nka 2 years ako ng nursing pro hindi ako nkagraduate, pro my experience ako 1 1/2 years nurse assitant pde kaya s practical nurse? My experience dn ako dental assistant for 4 years pde b ako s dental assistant exam?thank u
iam going to give exam of haad(health authority abu dhabi).please can anyone have idea which book is best for haad preparation???please do me favour.
Hi yankee.. did u take ur haad exam? Pls leave comment or ung email or fb account. Im thinking to take haad. Thank u.
email@example.com its been a year since u left message, how was ur haad back then?
I also fail haad exam 1st time please guide me.
Nice post to share. Thanks a lot for this share.
Hello I’m also trying for haad but in medical lab. Technician. Anybody has an idea about my field?
pls i need review materials for haad exam..how much and how
Please send me review materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and fb Nworgu nancy amara thanks, I am writing in 2weeks time
Hi, please give materials for haad if u have please