US Embassy in Manila announced that they are now hiring Registered Nurse which will be working full time for 40 hours per week in a temporary appointment not to exceed one year.
In vacancy detail posted online by US Department of State, the U.S. Mission in the Philippines is seeking eligible and qualified nurse applicants that will be stationed in the US Embassy in Manila post.
The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under MED approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies, implementation of a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission. The incumbent will work in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP).
Salary offer for this position is ₱833,292.00 per year.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree or university study in Nursing is required.
- A valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S. is required.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
English – Good Working Knowledge (Reading/Writing/Speaking). This may be tested.
Tagalog – Fluent (Reading/Writing/Speaking). This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Manila, Philippines may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance. (This refers to NBI and Police Clearance. These will be required when an applicant is selected for the vacancy.)
A curriculum vitae or resume is NOT considered during the qualification analysis process. Only the information completed on the application can be used to determine eligibility and qualifications of applicants.
For Dual, U.S. Citizen and Third Country National (TCN), please note that all positions listed will require either Philippine citizenship, dual citizenship certificate/Alien Certificate of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Residence or Re-acquisition of Filipino Citizenship. Failure to attach necessary working permit may result to your application not being considered for the position you have applied for.
To apply for this position and other details, click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button via this LINK. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission Manila internet job site: https://ph.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Registered nursing license from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S. is required from all applicants
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) – only required from Eligible Family Members (EFMs)
- Residency and/or Work Permit – required from applicants who are – U.S. citizen, with dual citizenship, or are third-country nationals
- Passport copy – only required from Eligible Family Members (EFMs)
- Degree (not transcript) – diploma, required from all applicants
- Degree with transcript – required from all applicants
- Language Scores (if available)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 – only required from Eligible Family Members (EFMs)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.