I’ve been assisting foreign nurses in their NCLEX applications and requirements in various state boards of nursing in the US ever since, so I think it is high time that I compile all of it in one post.
Each state board of nursing has its own set of processes on how to be made eligible to take the exam. Most would require credential evaluation from third party like CGFNS or ERES, and some would require that the foreign nurses acquire and include Social Security number in their applications.
Also the requirements, fees, and processing times differ from one state to another.
So if you are planning to take the NCLEX, here’s some of the State Boards of Nursing application that I’ve written about:
- NCLEX Application Steps for Philippine Nurses – Here’s a quick guide on how to process your NCLEX application in any state boards of nursing in the US, applicable to Philippines and other foreign nurses.
- Saipan NCLEX Application – Saipan or Commonwealth Board of Nurse Examiners (CBNE) in Northern Mariana Islands is the NCSBN-regulated board of nursing which has the least of requirements.
- Illinois NCLEX Application – Illinois require Credential Evaluation Service (CES) Report from a third party agency like CGFNS. Fingerprint card is also required.
- Florida NCLEX Application – They will allow you to take NCLEX without SSN, but they won’t issue the license after you pass. Also has CES and CE course requirements.
- Online CES Application in CGFNS – Most states now require Credential Evaluation Service Report to be made eligible to take the exam.
- Pearsonvue NCLEX Registration – You need to register online at Pearsonvue if the state board has approved your eligibility. You will be issued an ATT afterwards. Payment is at $200.
- California to Texas Endorsement – Because of SSN requirement in California, most passers there endorse their NCLEX scores to Texas, which has easier requirements for licensure.
I have also made a couple of posts for renewal of licenses:
- Saipan NCLEX renewal – CBNE requires 30 contact hours before renewing your license, plus payment of course.
- Vermont NCLEX RN License renewal – The now offer online renewal in March of every odd year. Also, licensee has the option of putting it in an Inactive status.
I’ll update this post for more NCLEX application steps in other board of nursing. Feel free to bookmark and share. You can subscribe via email if you want to be notified of updates.